Deputy Security/ Operations Manager
Deputy/Security Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy/Security operations Manager, to join our Estates and Facilities Directorate at the University of Wolverhampton. You will be responsible for responsible supporting the development, operation and strategic leadership of the University’s Security Department, maximising safety, efficiency and ensuring high quality services, whilst supporting the enhancement of the student, staff and visitor experience.
Deputy/Security Operations Manager Responsibilities
- The management of a high performing team that operates at an operational level with a collaborative approach providing support and guidance and practical solutions, to help ensure a safe secure environment for students, staff and Visitors at all times.
- Delivering exemplar services, working closely with the other teams within the wider Directorate to ensure seamless delivery, ensuring SLA’s are met and the adherence to formal governance and protocols across the security service is in place.
- Ensuring the implementation of relevant policies, procedures and process across all elements of the service and the adherence to these.
- Working collaboratively with all internal and external key stakeholders, to ensure safety of all staff students and visitors across our campuses.
- The provision of up-to-date reports/Management Information and Business Cases
Deputy/Security Operations Manager Requirements
- A degree or HND in one of the following subjects or similar; Security /SIA or Significant proven experience in a secure environment/ development function.
- Membership of professional body relevant to Facilities Area E.g. College and University Business Officers (CUBO), Association of University Chief Security Officers (AUCSO), SIA Accreditation
- Experience of working in a Security function/role and Emergency Planning
- Strategic leadership and operational management of a large fast paced organisation.
- Proven record of accomplishment of developing and delivering compliance.
- Demonstrable experience of managing revenue budgets.
- Proven and extensive experience of effectively managing a range of in-house Security services that enable agility and strategic operational output.
- Previous Proven experience of managing a large-scale security operation with large teams across numerous sites.
- CCTV install and operations protocol and Government requirements on daily use and reporting.
- Proven and detailed understanding of Customer Service Excellence in a secure environment, and how to create and embed a customer focussed service culture in a team.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff to meet all organisational requirements and revenue targets.
- Strong business sense and commercial acuity.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.