Utilities Engineer – Estates and Facilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Utilities Engineer, to join our Estates & Facilities Directorate at the University of Wolverhampton. You will be responsible for assisting with overseeing the utilities performance across the University’s building portfolio.
Utilities Engineer responsibilities
- Establish where improvements can be made to energy consumption
- Ensure compliance with the environmental legislation across the organisation.
- To work with the Sustainability Manager and Mechanical Engineer to develop and Sustainable Utilities strategy for the estate.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and compliance of the strategy and providing any reporting and recording associated to this.
- Help develop the digital twin and BMS offering.
- Assist the development of a strategy for Energy Procurement Contracting
Utilities Engineer Requirements
- Degree in an Energy / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Discipline or equivalent qualification. Membership of, or working towards achieving membership of, Energy or Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Knowledge and experience with the energy management field.
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrable experience of planning the delivery of service and projects
- IT Skills and experience of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Effective self manager with the ability to manage a demanding workload and competing deadlines
- Experience in working within a maintenance provision in a customer focussed environment.
- Knowledge of working with or have an understanding of Contract Management, Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.