Following a restructure of the Estates and Facilities Department, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic team member to join the Commercial Services Department required to work at sites as dictated by business. All sites business incorporates student facing facilities, events, hospitality and retail outlets.
We are looking to recruit an experienced individual to help manage the kitchen within our catering, retail and hospitality operation within the University portfolio. There is an extensive emphasis on student services provision and growing the business, with events to support other Faculties on site. You will be a highly organised individual, with a strong track record of successfully delivering multiple service styles to meet the needs of the business.
- Efficient management of the kitchen daily services.
- To deliver an outstanding service to both students, staff and visitors to the University.
- Liaise with the kitchen team to ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per operational guidelines and current legislation.
- Help control and monitor the financial performance of units and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Assist in maintaining the Statutory and University standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Experience of supervision of staff including identification of training needs and providing on the job training as required.
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Previous experience in a kitchen role, teamed with experience within high quality food delivery.
- Experience of managing a team within a catering environment
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.