An exciting position has become available for a full-time Safeguarding Manager based in Wolverhampton.
You will provide case management reviews, delivery of training, advice and guidance to all users of the University and to support the University’s compliance with regard to safeguarding and Prevent.
Additionally you will also be responsible for the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
Safeguarding Manager Role Requirements
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification, in a relevant subject.
- Proven track record of successfully leading on safeguarding matters and Safeguarding policy development is essential
- Experience of developing and delivering a wide range of Safeguarding training.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities within professional guidelines or organisational policy, applying initiative and independent judgement.
- Proven analytical and problem solving capability.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills. Able to provide clear specialist guidance on complex issues
Safeguarding Manager Role Responsibilities
- To contribute to the effective implementation of the University’s Safeguarding Policy and procedures by providing advice and guidance and ensure consistent application and adherence to University policies and procedures, assisting with case management.
- Being active in the development of policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with external legislation
- To deliver a comprehensive programme of training across the University to ensure the University meets its safeguarding responsibilities and deliver support for staff and students
- To arrange, promote and/or deliver harm prevention activities and initiatives to students and staff across the University, identifying where cases may inter-connect with other University policies and procedure
- Supporting compliance activities as they pertain to safeguarding, for example with the Office for Students (OfS), Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), and Ofsted
- To make timely external referrals to a range of agency, including Children and Adult Social Care, local Channel Panels, in order to appropriately safeguard and support the student or member of staff
- To establish and maintain a working relationship with relevant statutory, voluntary and community agencies
- To support the development and monitoring of student awareness of safeguarding, child and adult protection, and Prevent related duties.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.