Faculty PA - Fixed Term Contract One Year
Faculty Administration provides an integrated and high-quality professional service to applicants, students and staff across the University. You will be based within the Faculty of Science and Engineering. The Faculty is a dynamic learning community committed to enhancing the quality of education for students locally, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking to appoint an individual to deliver excellent support for/customer service to students, staff, internal and external clients and contacts at our city campus. You will have demonstrable PA/Secretarial experience including general administration experience and be proficient in the use of office technology with an excellent standard of literacy and numeracy. Experience /proven ability to manage senior management diaries. The planning, organising and taking minutes of meetings are essential in this role together with some experience in event organisation. Experience dealing with highly sensitive or confidential information with discretion is also essential.
In this role you would:
- Provide comprehensive and confidential secretarial and administrative support for the Faculty Executive Team.
- Evaluating matters raised with the Faculty Executive team, taking action as appropriate and reporting outcomes or progress.
- Maintenance of all designated Faculty committee terms of reference and memberships, and organisation, co-ordination and servicing of committees, meetings and events, ensuring that outcomes are appropriately communicated and actions are monitored.
- Contribution to the preparation and maintenance of the Faculty meetings and events calendar, ensuring complete and up to date information is available and promoted to staff and committee Chairs and Secretaries.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment, including support for the coordination and operation of sensitive staff and Faculty issues
- Co-ordinating travel arrangements, including preparation of itineraries, and completion of appropriate risk assessments, financial approvals and attendance procedures
- Coordination and supporting preparation, planning and operation of key Faculty events as required, for example keynote lectures, graduation ceremonies
- Compliance with University procedures and regulations
Applicants will be dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service; they will have excellent interpersonal skills. Good organisational capabilities and the experience of work involving the management of multi tasks to deadlines is essential. They will have the ability to collaboratively work as a team and individually using initiative.
Applicants will have demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity, an understanding of data protection and freedom of information legislation a commitment to quality and to excellent customer service.
For further information please contact: Sharon Newill, Governance Co-ordinator, Faculty of Science and Engineering. Telephone: 01902 322278 or by email: Sharon.email@example.com
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.