Deputy Management Accountant
Deputy Management Accountant - Fixed Term Contract October 2022
Applications are invited for the role of Deputy Management Accountant. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to support and develop the service provided by the Accountancy Services Team. Your Key responsibilities will include:-
• Liaising with key stakeholders and budget holders within the institution
• Collaborating with Budget Holders to asses future developments regarding the best use of financial resources
• Assisting the Management Accountant with supervising the team
• Preparing, amending and monitoring project / revenue budgets
• Providing Financial Management for a portfolio of projects / cost centres
• Acting as a key point of contact during external audits
• Producing the monthly, quarterly and year end forecasts
• Responsible for variance analysis of budgets, forecasts and actuals
• Preparation of both revenue and project financial reports
You will have excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, whilst working to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You will also have experience of finance systems and Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.