Room Booking and Timetabling Assistant
This post is temporary for a period of 9 months from the date of commencement
The Registry Department are seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual to join their team for a fixed term period of 9 months within the Exams and Timetabling Unit.
The Exams and Timetabling Unit is responsible for construction and maintenance of the academic teaching timetables, all examinations and all University room bookings.
You will play a key role in assisting The Personalised Timetables for All projects in delivering personalised timetables and a self-service room bookings system. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the change as part of the Digital Campus transformation programme.
The Digital Campus, a transformational programme of inter-related projects and activities, was launched in 2015. Its aim is to create a “Digital Campus” which is as important and significant as the physical campus. The goal of the Digital Campus is to create a campus without boundaries where the data and information required by a member of the University community can be found and accessed at any point in time from any location. Although the foundation phase, consisting of five projects is now drawing to a close, the next exciting phase of the programme is now underway. This is an exciting multi-million pound programme, which requires synergy between people, ICT and processes.
As Room Booking and Timetabling Assistant you will be based in the Exams and Timetabling Unit. Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day administration and coordination of University room bookings.
- Configuration and maintenance of the room bookings system.
- To respond to enquiries from staff, students and other enquirers providing a high standard of customer service.
- General timetabling support, student fitting and responding to timetable enquiries.
- Be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be a great communicator with a professional phone manner.
- Have excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Be able to provide highly consistent customer service.
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic and varied team.
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.