The Admissions Unit is often the first port of call that applicants have with the University and we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our busy team. You will be processing applications, making decisions on applications and responding to applicant queries, providing a friendly and efficient service. Our Admissions assistants have a key role in ensuring that the institution’s recruitment targets are achieved.
You will be expected to build excellent working relationships internally with staff across the University, and liaise with external bodies such as UCAS.
We are looking for people who have excellent organisational and communication skills and are good team players with experience of dealing with conflicting demands and priorities, and who have excellent interpersonal, administrative and IT skills.
Specific duties of the post include:
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to students and all other customers of the service.
- Maintain an ethos of excellent data integrity and quality in all aspects of the work of the Unit.
- Ensure that all aspects of admissions administration are managed efficiently and effectively to meet the standards set by the Head of Division and Unit Manager.
- Make admissions decisions in accordance with agreed selection criteria and to communicate these decisions to the applicant.
- Ensure timely processing of applications against agreed targets.
- Respond to applicant enquiries relating to admissions by phone, email and in-person.
- Create and maintain accurate records on the University SITS and E:Vision systems.
- Assist and advise members of academic staff, where appropriate, with regard to the equivalence of overseas qualifications.
- Undertake follow-up activates with applicants in order to maximise conversion rates.
- General office duties include photocopying, scanning and uploading applicant documentation and answering correspondence.
For further details please contact Jane Fryer, Admissions Officer 01902 321604
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.