Reader in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
The School of Engineering has a long and distinguished international track record of achievement and is committed to the highest standards of teaching, learning and student development within a research-informed environment. Major Engineering disciplines are offered as core disciplines within the School. However, our state of the art motorsport and additive layer manufacturing forms the central foci of our broad range of engineering programmes offered at Telford Innovation Campus.
The School of Engineering is offering taught Bachelors and Masters programmes in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Motorsport Engineering and first fast track accelerated 2 years Manufacturing Engineering programme in UK designed for industry.
Following recent sustained growth and investment of 12M in our portfolio of taught programmes and the growth in research and development opportunities, the School now seeks to appoint an outstanding academic with a suitably strong record of research and teaching for permanent position as Reader in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering to strengthen our core team of academics. Prospective candidates for this post should have “PhD in relevant discipline” or equivalent as their core academic identity and background, with an outstanding track record and an upward trajectory of internationally competitive research.
On appointment, you will be expected to build and maintain an active and impactful personal research programme, to publish in leading international journals and conferences, and to seek out opportunities for research funding, collaboration and innovation, both nationally and internationally. You will be required to undertake teaching duties, including both lecturing and project supervision, across a range of programmes offered by the School, as well as contributing directly to the Engineering modules for undergraduate and taught Masters students in related engineering disciplines. Additional administrative / research duties will be discussed at the time of appointment.
- Contribute to the delivery and development of existing core engineering modules on our programmes, in particular Engineering.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of future modules in the new programmes offered in the School of Engineering.
- Contribute to the wider student experience through personal tutoring, excellent class room teaching and providing support in and outside class rooms. Identifies and conducts research and scholarly activity which is relevant to the lecturing role.
- Integrates research into teaching and learning.
- Identifies opportunities for income generation and/or entrepreneurialism through research, consultancy or professional practice.
- Supervise dissertation at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Carry out administrative and other duties deemed necessary by the Head of School or Faculty Senior Management in line with the changing strategic objectives of the university. Specific objectives will be agreed through the university appraisal process.
Informal enquiries about the post may be made to: Dr Syed Hasan, Head, School of Engineering, Tel: +44(0)1902321733, E-mail: S.Hasan@wlv.ac.uk
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.