We are looking to recruit an experienced individual to manage the kitchen within our catering, retail and hospitality operation within the University portfolio. There is an extensive emphasis on student services provision and growing the business, with events to support other Faculties on site. You will be a highly organised individual, with a strong track record of successfully delivering multiple service styles to meet the needs of the business.
- Efficient management of the kitchen daily services.
- Effectively lead the kitchen team to deliver an outstanding service to both students, staff and visitors to the University.
- Liaise with the Catering Manager and kitchen team to ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per operational guidelines and current legislation.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of units and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the University.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and University standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Experience of supervision of staff including identification of training needs and providing on the job training as required.
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Previous experience in a kitchen role, teamed with experience within high quality food delivery.
- Experience of managing a team within a catering environment
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.