Academic Support Administrator
Faculty Administration provides an integrated and high-quality professional service to applicants, students and staff across the University. You will be based within the Faculty of Science and Engineering. The Faculty is a dynamic learning community committed to enhancing the quality of education for students locally, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking to appoint an individual to deliver excellent support for students and staff. You will have demonstrable administration experience and be proficient in use of office technology with an excellent standard of literacy and numeracy. Experience in the planning, organising and taking minutes of meetings is essential.
In this role you would:
- Provide high quality and timely administration services and programme support for academic staff within one of the Schools within the faculty.
- Provide accurate information to academic staff and students, knowing when to refer to academic staff or appropriate University services
- Organise, co-ordinate and service committees, meetings and events and to ensure that outcomes are appropriately and accurately communicated and actions are followed through
- Co-ordinate staff travel arrangements, including completion of appropriate risk assessments, financial approvals and attendance procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on e:vision, the university student records system, producing reports as required.
You will be dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service; you will have excellent interpersonal skills including listening and empathy. Good organisational capabilities and the experience of work involving the management of multi tasks to deadlines is essential. You will be an enthusiastic individual and able to work independently and also as part of a team.
You will have demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity, an understanding of data protection and freedom of information legislation
For further information please contact: Suneeta Patel, Academic Support Co-ordinator, Faculty of Science and Engineering. Telephone: 01902 321818 or by email: Suneeta@wlv.ac.uk
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.