Technical and Business Resource Manager
The School of Engineering has a long and distinguished international track record of achievement and is committed to the highest standards of teaching, learning and student development within a research-informed environment. Major Engineering disciplines are offered as core disciplines within the School. However, our state of the art motorsport and additive layer manufacturing forms the central foci of our broad range of engineering programmes offered at Telford Innovation Campus.
SoE is offering taught Bachelors and Masters programmes in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Motorsport Engineering and first fast track accelerated 2 years Manufacturing Engineering programme in UK designed for industry.
Following recent sustained growth and investment of 12M in our portfolio of taught programmes and the growth in research and development opportunities, the School now seeks to appoint outstanding technical staff with a suitably strong record of engineering workshop practice, supporting academic and students and familiar with Health and Safety of busy engineering laboratories for permanent position as Technical and Business Resource Manager to strengthen our core team of academics and technicians in the school of engineering. A postgraduate qualification in an engineering discipline plus managing team of engineers is desired.
On appointment, the successful candidate will be expected to support and maintain undergraduate, postgraduate teaching in the school of engineering laboratories. In addition, it is desired to support research, consultancy and third-stream income generation activities led by academic staff in the school. The appointee will be required to undertake teaching support duties, including both laboratory experiments and project supervision, across a range of programmes offered by the School, as well as contributing directly to the Engineering modules for undergraduate and taught master’s students in related engineering disciplines. For senior role additional administrative / business management duties will be discussed at the time of appointment.
- Contribute / support to the delivery and development of existing core engineering modules on our programmes.
- Contribute / support to the development and delivery of future laboratory experiments in the new programmes offered in the School of Engineering.
- Contribute to the wider student experience through laboratory support.
- Support research and scholarly activity which is relevant to the engineering resources available in the school of engineering.
- Identifies opportunities for income generation and/or entrepreneurialism through research, consultancy or professional practice.
- Support dissertation at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Carry out administrative and other duties deemed necessary by the Head of School or Faculty Senior Management in line with the changing strategic objectives of the university. Specific objectives will be agreed through the university appraisal process.
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.