Director of Information Technology (IT)
To apply for this post please go to http://berwickpartners.co.uk or click on the apply button below
The University of Wolverhampton is committed to harnessing the power of technology to deliver outstanding teaching and learning for our students. We have recently invested in a multi-million pound digital campus including the implementation of an innovative new, virtual learning environment. We are now seeking a Director of IT to own our digital future, to improve the quality of our student experience and ensure we deliver a sector leading approach to IT and digital.
This exciting role will need a collaborative technology leader to engage across the organisation, set the technology strategy and lead its subsequent delivery. Using the University’s strategic goals, the Director of IT will refine our existing Digital Strategy and shape the programme of technology initiatives, and IT team, to deliver it.
The Role will:
- Engage, build positive relationships and seek shared outcomes with key academic and university stakeholders. Act as a strategic leader within the University as a whole, making a genuine contribution to the success of the organisation.
- Inspire the IT team and driver clarity of responsibility. Define the team structures and processes plus sponsor the adoption of contemporary IT industry disciplines, planning techniques and modern customer-driven service/change approaches.
- Review and refine The University’s Digital Strategy then create a roadmap of innovative technology projects to improve the digital customer experience and customer satisfaction for both staff and students.
- You will likely bring significant exposure to complex information and customer driven industries/sectors. You should demonstrate the ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and have experience shaping and delivering a business aligned IT/digital strategy driven by organisational goals.
- You will be a consultative, relationship based leader with the proven ability to engage with colleagues and customers right across an organisation including at the senior strategic level.
- You will be an inspiring engaging people leader with the experience of forming and shaping cohesive teams, enthusing people and spearheading the adoption of new approaches and ways of working.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, apply now by following the link www.berwickpartners.co.uk/65399
For a confidential discussion, contact Alex Richardson at our retained search consultants; Berwick Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 498 3409
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.