Europe Direct Information Centre (EDIC) Manager
The Black Country Chamber of Commerce have received funding from the European Commission for a two-year contract to deliver the Black Country Europe Direct Information Centre, with a guaranteed one year of funding.
Europe Direct Information Centre’s (EDIC) are a network of local information contact points that stretch across Europe providing information on European Policy and Member States. This network of EDICs will engage on EU topics of relevance to the public at local and regional level, promote dialogue on EU issues and cooperate with other EU or local information networks and contact points.
In the lead up to Brexit, and potentially through any transition period, the Black Country Chamber will manage the local EDIC Centre and will look to support businesses and residents around some key areas such as EU Residents workers rights, foreign workers rights and international trade. We are now seeking an enthusiastic and organised person to run this centre.
- This is an exciting new role for a customer facing individual that is enthusiatic and comfortable working on their own or as part of a team.
- The Chamber is looking for an individual that has an understanding of business support, marketing and administration.
- The candidate should be interested in international relations, international politics and Brexit.
- The role would be mainly field based across the Black Country, supporting the pop-up Europe Direct information Centre which will move around the Black Country.
- The role will be flexible with out of hours working (potentially at weekends) e.g. pop-up centre at a local shopping centre on a Saturday every quarter.
- There will be opportunity to travel with the role to London and Europe, to be involved in meetings and share best practice with other Europe Direct Information Centre Managers.
- Marketing and event experience would be advantageous for this role.
Interviews will be held in the 1st and 2nd week of February 2018
Applications, which should be in the form of a CV and cover letter, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org