Development Chemist ( KTP Associate with Johnson Test Papers)
This post is temporary for 30 months
This KTP project offers a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious graduate to launch a career in industry with the support of company and academic mentors.
Johnson Test Papers Ltd has joined forces with the University of Wolverhampton on this KTP project to enable them to develop new chemical test paper strips for a range of enivronmental testing. The company have 70 years of experience in manufacturing an extensive range of test paper products ranging from simple pH testing, water analysis, production processes and measurements of special food parameters.
The company is based in Oldbury in the West Midlands, but exports product around the globe. They have considerable expertise in paper impregnation technology and paper test strips, but require a suitable research and development chemist to work on a 30 month project aimed at expanding the range of products to include solution phase test kits for applications such as:
- Nitrate/nitrite content
- Phosphate content
- Metal contaminants such as Al, Mn, Mo, Co, Sn, Bi plus other species deemed necessary
- Selected organic compounds
You must have:
- A minimum of a first degree (First or 2:1) in Chemistry or a related subject (or equivalent)
- The desire to develop your knowledge in an environment that encourages innovative thinking with the opportunity for real application to problem solving in the analytical chemistry area.
- Self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
We are looking for an innovative, enthusiastic candidate who is able to take ownership of this project and see it through to conclusion. Strong communication skills are essential as is the desire to commit to self-development. You must have experience of working in a team environment as an active team member. You will be required to undertake any travel necessary to develop and manage the partnership element of the project.
A positive attitude and pride in your work, showing attention to detail and quality control are essential. This position is integral to the strategic direction of the business, and the desire to be part of the long term success and growth of the business is essential.
To support your commitment to continuous self-development you will have a generous personal development budget in addition to KTP Management Training.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is a three-way project between a graduate, an organisation and a university.
KTP is one of the largest graduate recruitment programmes across the UK, placing graduates (KTP Associates), to work on challenging, high profile projects.
As a KTP Associate you can expect:
- Career acceleration
- Valuable experience and marketable, highly transferable skills
- A competitive salary
- Practical and formal management training and development
- An excellent chance of a permanent post with the company
To apply for this position please forward your cv and supporting statement, quoting reference ‘JTP2017’ to
Further information on KTP: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.