Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Engineering (Automotive)
The University has a rich heritage in providing Engineering education and the Black Country Observatory has predicted that business growth areas key to the regeneration of the region including advanced manufacturing and engineering, transport technologies (automotive and aerospace), and environmental technologies. To support this growth the University has recently invested in a multimillion-pound redevelopment of Engineering at its Telford Campus and it is into this exciting and innovative environment that it seeks to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Engineering (Automotive) to join the multi-disciplinary team of professionals/academics in the School of Engineering.
The person appointed will:
- Have a good Honours Degree, PhD in relevant discipline or Postgraduate qualification in an engineering field and/or have significant appropriate subject experience in an industrial, commercial field.
- Ideally be a member of a professional body ie Chartered Engineer.
- Be able to contribute in delivering the School’s academic portfolio by teaching in the subject areas of Automotive, Mechatronic and Engineering Management at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Have proven interest in research, with the potential to publish and/or gain research funding.
- The ability and willingness to contribute to curriculum development and course management.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Syed Hasan, Head, School of Engineering on 01902321733 or e-mail: S.Hasan@wlv.ac.uk
The University of Wolverhampton values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.